Добро пожаловать, Гость
Тема III тура будет доступна участникам, прошедшим в него, для публикации конкурсных эссе с 25.11.2015 по 05.12.2015 года.
  • Страница:

ТЕМА: Some people think that we should use critical thinking rather than trust intuition.

Some people think that we should use critical thinking rather than trust intuition. 8 года 4 мес. назад #1

• Иванов П. А.
  • Иванов П. А. аватар
  • Специалист
  • Спасибо получено: 2005
  • Баллов: 6155
What is your opinion? Do you agree with this statement?
Write 200 – 250 words.
Use the following plan:
− make an introduction (state the problem)
− express your personal opinion and give 2–3 reasons for your opinion
− express an opposing opinion and give 1–2 reasons for this opposing opinion
− explain why you don’t agree with the opposing opinion
− make a conclusion restating your position

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Данная тема открыта для публикации конкурсных эссе III тура в рамках конкурса “Wizards for Essays”

Внимание! Прежде чем опубликовать текст вашего эссе, внимательно ознакомьтесь с Положением о конкурсе.

Положение о конкурсе.

Пример оформления публикации конкурсной работы:

Конкурсное эссе Иванова Ивана Николаевича,
ученика 11 класса МБОУ "СОШ № 4" города Екатеринбурга,
учитель Сергеева Антонина Дмитриевна.
/Далее публикуется текст эссе/
Последнее редактирование: 8 года 4 мес. назад от Иванов П. А..
Тема заблокирована.

Re: Some people think that we should use critical thinking rather than trust intuition. 8 года 3 мес. назад #2

Конкурсное эссе Линюк Мариты Ивановны, учителя английского языка средней школы №135 Выборгского района Санкт-Петербурга с углубленным изучением английского языка

Everyone needs to make decisions virtually every day. While doing so, we need to find proper judgments for the choice. There has always been a fierce debate on whether people should rely on their critical thinking or trust their intuition.

As far as I am convinced, critical thinking is a more reliable basis for decisions. To start with, it is far more easily developed. There are a number of activities, such as solving puzzles or playing chess, which help develop logics and thinking. Intuition, unlike them, is very difficult to develop. It is a natural gift which you are either given or not – once and forever. Moreover, intuition depends on emotions and therefore it can easily be tricked. For example, if a person flatters you, you may sympathise him/her and lose your common sense. Whereas critical thinking is reasonable and fair. Finally, it relies on facts, whereas intuition is based on your speculations, which may not correspond to reality and thus lead to making wrong decisions.

On the other hand, some people are convinced that we should trust intuition because it accumulates different types of information, unlike critical thinking, which only operates facts and logics. Consequently, they consider it to be more reliable.

However, I cannot agree with the above stated opinion, because these people fail to understand that you can only get your feelings` message correctly if you listen to them carefully and are not disturbed or interrupted, which is a rare case.

All in all, the subject is very debatable. Some people rely on their sensibility, whereas others trust their senses. As for me, I strongly believe in my critical thinking.
Тема заблокирована.

Re: Some people think that we should use critical thinking rather than trust intuition. 8 года 3 мес. назад #3

Конкурсное эссе Кореньковой Натальи Васильевны, учителя английского языка МБОУ ООШ №5 имени старшего лейтенанта В.В. Зиненко г. Александров

Nowadays, more and more people argue in favour of critical thinking. But there are still those who prefer to rely on intuition. Who is right?

To my mind, critical thinking decision is more dependable and effective than intuitive one. Firstly, it is unreasonable to take something on trust instead of providing careful judgment. Without critical thinking a person may find himself under the dangerous influence of some other people, for example, in case of being involved in a sect. Secondly, critical thinking generates new ideas and opportunities for solving arisen problems. Thirdly, a user of critical thinking imagines the problem on the whole and can change his mind according to facts and arguments.

Nevertheless, the people of creative jobs say that intuition is of great importance because intuitive decisions prove to be more effective. Besides, it is due to intuition people can act promptly in the extreme conditions and desperate situations.

But I still believe that critical thinking is more reliable and ensures a thoughtful attitude to any information and making well-considered decisions. Moreover, critical thinking evokes respect to one’s own thoughts and experience.

To sum up, one should remember that sometimes intuition turns out to be essential but in most cases everybody should consider carefully all the good and bad qualities of something to get the best advantage from it.
Тема заблокирована.

Re: Some people think that we should use critical thinking rather than trust intuition. 8 года 3 мес. назад #4

Конкурсное эссе Пешохиной Ольги Владимировны, учителя английского языка МАОУ "Лицей № 36" города Нижнего Новгорода.

Throughout life people cope with different problems, but the nature of these decisions is still a debatable question. Some people claim that the most of our decisions are made by means of critical thinking, while others argue that only intuition is able to guide us to making the right solutions.

To begin with, psychologists consider critical thinking to be a sign of a civilized society. It is a complicated process of thinking based on the analysis of the situation. On the one hand, critical thinking develops our logical thinking; it is a real work of mind, helping us to estimate the situation correctly. But on the other hand, this process is rather long. Such professions as driving, trading and saving people demand only immediate actions.

However, some people believe that intuition plays an equally important role in our life. Intuition means the process of thinking based on the experience, empathy and imagination. In comparison with critical thinking, intuition works without analyzing. That is why intuition saves our time.

As for me, I suggest that critical thinking predominates in my life. But to be honest, I try to listen to my intuition voice because it can teach me to trust myself, make a right choice and save my time simultaneously.

Taking into consideration different opinions on this issue, I suppose that people should develop two abilities in themselves: an intuitive thinking and the capacity to think logically. These abilities are sure to complete each other and lead to the best decision.
Тема заблокирована.

Re: Some people think that we should use critical thinking rather than trust intuition. 8 года 3 мес. назад #5

Конкурсное эссе Логиновой Светланы Юрьевны, учителя английского языка МКОУ "Стан-Бехтемирская СОШ" Бийского района Алтайского края

Every day we have to solve our problems and make some important decisions. We do it using our mind or deep insight. Some people think that we should use critical thinking rather than trust intuition.

I can`t but agree with this point of view. First of all, human brains can do a lot of things. The main task for us is to use them properly. Secondly, logical thoughts are often more useful than intuitive emotions as they promote self-control. Besides, critical thinking helps to plan your actions in a very reasonable way.

However, many people, especially women, prefer to rely on their intuition. Firstly, in their opinion, we should always follow our feelings and sensations which are a part of our human nature. Moreover, they often speak about incredible things and lives rescued with the help of intuition.

To a certain extent, it is right. We shouldn`t underestimate our premonitions but it is obvious that ordinary people can hardly have good vision of their future. Instincts may let them down.

To sum up, having good intuition is great but the first thing you should do in any situation is to use your brains, reasoning and critical thinking. This is the best way to control your life if you are not an extrasensory individual, of course.
Тема заблокирована.

Re: Some people think that we should use critical thinking rather than trust intuition. 8 года 3 мес. назад #6

Конкурсное эссе Манякиной Ирины Александровны, студентки 4 курса факультета иностранных языков ТГПУ им. Л.Н.Толстого города Тулы.

The tendency of modern life is it’s becoming more and more complicated. Globalization and modernization made us ‘an information society’ where the most precious thing is smart information. These processes had led us to splitting into those who support critical thinking and those who still trust intuition. So, who is right, who is wrong? That’s the question.

I consider that a person is a thinking creature that has a great mental ability like reasonableness that should be used by all means. First of all, reasoning helps us to overcome extra mistakes that can have painful consequences. Moreover, use of rationality give us an opportunity to analyze the accuracy of chosen ideas and raise own value in society and inner world. In addition, reasoning is important for adults in making resolutions as it requires strong argumentation.

But there are people who assert that it’s more proper to use intuition in various situations. They believe that it is an amazing quality of human psyche to rely on intuition in the most stressful circumstances when the power of reasoning is helpless. Besides, emotions lead to the genuine way that’s really important.

I can’t support this point of view as I believe that decisions made subconsciously by intuition are risky and can turn into the severe troubles.

In conclusion, it’s necessary to say that everybody has the right to decide what to choose: reasoning or intuition. I believe that there should be a fusion of mind and emotional state to make the best decisions.
Последнее редактирование: 8 года 3 мес. назад от Манякина Ирина Александровна.
Тема заблокирована.

Re: Some people think that we should use critical thinking rather than trust intuition. 8 года 3 мес. назад #7

Конкурсное эссе Чупиной Людмилы Александровны, учителя английского языка ГБОУ лицей №329 Санкт-Петербург.

For many years people have been arguing whether to rely on critical thinking or intuition. Have you ever thought about the role of both in your life? Let us see what the point is.

It seems to me that critical thinking allows us to understand multiple perspectives of a problem and prompts us for deliberate self-reflection. Critical thinking is evaluation and checking information. It is an unbiased opinion about events. “Teaching without reflection is useless as well as reflection without teaching is dangerous”, Konfutsiy said. As far as I am concerned, critical thinking implies the “why” question that forces you to justify your belief structure rather than just accepting it. First, it gives you the tools and a strategy to look at problems from different sides and make a decision in a much more thoughtful way. Secondly, it improves your personal abilities through considering your own ideas.

However, opponents of this point of view say that “the first occurred idea is the most sound”. They believe intuition plays a great role in the development of economy and culture. Moreover, they suppose the success of some famous businessmen, such as Bill Gates’, Ted Turner’s, is connected with intuition.

I disagree with them because intuition has nothing in common with critical thinking based on searching information, analyzing it, understanding a connection between different facts and coming up to some conclusion while intuition prompts you with a ready answer that may be mistaken as the situation can unexpectedly change.

To sum up, I tend to believe the ability to think critically helps people to avoid some mistakes and determine priorities in their personal and professional life.
Последнее редактирование: 8 года 3 мес. назад от Чупина Людмила Александровна.
Тема заблокирована.
  • Страница:
Время создания страницы: 0.354 секунд
Работает на Kunena форум