Добро пожаловать, Гость
Внимание! В соответствии с Положением о конкурсе итоги II тура подведены и доступны для ознакомления в теме "Итоги туров конкурса".

ТЕМА: Some people think that reading is a waste of time.

Some people think that reading is a waste of time. 8 года 5 мес. назад #1

What is your opinion? Do you agree with this statement?
Write 200 – 250 words.
Use the following plan:
− make an introduction (state the problem)
− express your personal opinion and give 2–3 reasons for your opinion
− express an opposing opinion and give 1–2 reasons for this opposing opinion
− explain why you don’t agree with the opposing opinion
− make a conclusion restating your position

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Данная тема открыта для регистрации и выбора темы конкурсного эссе в рамках конкурса “Wizards for Essays”

Внимание! Прежде чем пройти регистрацию на конкурс, выбрав данную тему , внимательно ознакомьтесь с его положением.

Положение о конкурсе.

Пример прохождения регистрации при выборе темы:

Тему выбрал Иванов Иван Николаевич,
ученик 10 класса МБОУ "СОШ № 4" города Екатеринбурга,
учитель Сергеева Антонина Дмитриевна.
Мы ВКонтакте - vk.com/anglyazru!
Присоединяйтесь, друзья!
Администратор запретил публиковать записи гостям.

Re: Some people think that reading is a waste of time. 8 года 5 мес. назад #2

Тему выбрала Карасева Валерия Сергеевна
Ученица 9А класса МБОУ "СОШ 2" города Петрозаводска республики Карелия
Учитель Агеева Надежда Сергеевна

Данная тема закреплена за вами.
Тема открыта для публикации текста вашего конкурсного эссе до 10 ноября 2015 года.
Последнее редактирование: 8 года 5 мес. назад от Администрация сообщества.

Re: Some people think that reading is a waste of time. 8 года 5 мес. назад #3

A book must be an ice-axe to break the seas frozen inside our souls.
Franz Katka
It is common knowledge that we live in the age of high technologies. People used to get information very quickly: watch news on TV or skim the Internet websites. We have almost stopped reading for education and pleasure. Is reading a waste of time or an important activity for us?
I am absolutely against the idea that reading is a useless pastime activity. Indeed, books help us to be successful at different areas. Firstly, we get new knowledge and improve our grammar skills while reading. It goes without saying that we become more intelligent and cultural. Secondly, talking to intelligent people is more pleasant than communication with ignorant ones. Harry S. Truman’s quotation proves my idea that not all readers are leaders, but all leaders are readers.
On the other hand, a plenty of people believe that reading is not necessary. They support the idea we should dedicate our leisure time to communication with friends and travelling.
To certain extent, it is right, but we should remember that reading is a great way to learn the world, relationships between people and many other things. Dr. Seuss said: “The more you read the more things you will know. The more that you learn the more places you’ll go.” This saying is really a motto for me.
All in all, the choice is yours. Once I found a citation by American President’s Counselor S.J.Parker “So many roads. So many detours. So many choices. So many mistakes.” and I feel that it is perfect. I think each person should try as many activities as he can.
Время создания страницы: 0.311 секунд
Работает на Kunena форум